Rating (0 votes):
Not yet rated
( Send PM
Please read this post for the full story of why I made this video: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14133516#post14133516
Like many gamers who play timing-heavy games, I've been wary to upgrade to an HDTV because of the inherent lag created on many brands. Lag even exists with HD signals on some TVs, but I had come to believe it *always* existed on older (480i) consoles. I had done more than a year of research and had been disappointed. My options were to import a $2000 dedicated box from Japan to do special upscaling, or to "deal with it".
I came across this TV whose "game mode" actually works as it should. I know almost all TVs released today have a "game mode", but all the ones I've encountered still leave behind at least 30-40 milliseconds of lag (or more), which is just enough to make timing-heavy games unplayable. This Sharp Aquos (model number LC-42D64U) is *perfect* in game mode, even using old 480i signals. I decided I had to prove it! If you're like me and absolutely refuse to settle for even 1 frame of lag, this is YOUR TV. Buy it.
- 3rd Strike: I do some combos and try some parrying on my CRT vs my new HDTV (both in game mode and in other modes). Played on PS2 through components (even though it's 480i). Zero lag in game mode.
- Smash Bros Melee: Played on Wii through components. Zero lag.
- Smash Bros Brawl: Played on Wii through components. Zero lag.
- Perfect Dark: Played on N64 through composite (those red/yellow/white cables). Zero lag in game mode.
- beatmania IIDX: Played on PS2 through components (despite being 480i). Zero lag.